eg1 – with one photo provided showing close-up detail of soil –
Sprouting grass from farm house backyard soil.
- Our values/uses for this soil–
- sustains native plants : trees (especially Yellow Gums), bushes, and ground cover ( especially Ruby Saltbush)
- base for our garden: grass, flowers and vegetables for some home-grown foods,
- foundation soil for our house
- Our challenges/managements using this soil-
- Bare sands of topsoil blow in wind- keep ground cover plants growing!
- Subsoil sets hard in summer – don’t dig it then, dig after good rain, or watering!
JC gives permission for this photo and information to be used under a (cc) license . Warracknabeal, Australia 2015
Go on to next example
page set up March 2 2015