e.g. 4 with 3 photos sent, a close-up detail of soil, soil in-situ and a use –
Urban Park Soil.
Description – dark color; quite light texture, with a lot of sand and organic material, pieces of plants and rotten leaves, looks quite fertile, but smells a bit rotten.
Location – soil from the little park at Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS), Postdam, Brandenberg, Germany
- My values/uses for this soil-
- I cross this park almost every day at work.
- soil is quite soft when you walk over it in later winter.
- supports growth of old trees, bulbs, grass and moss
- surface on which to throw feed for birds
- Our challenges/managements using this soil for a park
- bare patches, from people walking off-path
- cold of winter
Credits of pics: taken through smartphone, Katrin Wlucka, Potsdam, Germany, (cc) February 2015
Go on to next example
page updated 20 March 2015