Werri Beach sand for backyard garden (family farm), New South Wales , Australia
Location: stream-bank garden
around a windy tidal lagoon in urban area.
Values for this beach sand:
– Soil to grow our food : Fruit, Vegetables and other plants
– Forms the landforms of this beautiful area where we live
Management for the wind erosion challenge:
– Beach sand managed by stabilizing it with plants.
– Garden soil managed by mulches on soil to protect it from wind
See more :
– for a photo of the Werri Beach area
Visit another coastal sands Soil Selfies with a focus on composting for its use in a backyard food garden (family farm), at Marlo, Victoria
Or visit a coastal mud Soil Selfies for a backyard food garden at Manyana, also in New South Wales.
Credits: Amanda Gregory, of Werri Beach, gives permission for her photos and information to be used under a (cc) license 2015. Editing and page created by Jeanie Clark, enviroed4all®, Warracknabeal, for use in education under a (cc) licence 2015
return to Soil Selifes location page
page set up 20 October 2015, updated 9 January 2016